As a new or renewing Member of the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies, you are making an active contribution to the study and conservation of the Gulf of Maine, home to the great whales of the North Atlantic and the many other fantastic varieties of wildlife for which it serves as a primary habitat. They are defenseless without your support.
But you will also benefit in the following ways:
If you would like to print this form and mail it in, click here. Otherwise, simply fill out the online form provided below, and click the "Join PCCS" button.
- You will receive the Center's newsletter Coastwatch;
- You and your family will receive a member discount off the price of all regular whale-watch trips aboard the Dolphin Fleet.
- You will receive 20% off on all purchases at our gift kiosk on MacMillan Pier or at our headquarters at 115 Bradford Street here in Provincetown.
- And regardless of your membership level, if you are a new member, we will send you a premium as a token of our appreciation! See below for details.
Thank you so much for your support!
2012 Membership Benefits & Premiums Include:
All membership categories:
- Member discount on whale watch trips aboard the Dolphin Fleet
- Free subscription to the Center's newsletter Coastwatch
- Invitations to Members-Only events
- One Center ball cap & one discount ticket per whale watch trip for member named on card
- Two Center ball caps & two discount tickets per whale watch trip for members named on card
- Whales in the Wild II, In the Wild Productions’ up-close and personal view of Stellwagen Bank’s amazing array of wildlife. From breaching humpbacks to the sleek majesty of the world’s largest living creature, the blue whale—you will be captivated by this 80-minute DVD
- Four discount tickets per whale watch trip for members named on card and family and guests who accompany them
Your choice of two new books by friends of PCCS that examine the state of our ocean conservation efforts and the magnificent leviathans that make effective conservation so important:
- Stellwagen: The Making and Unmaking of a National Marine Sanctuary by Peter Borrelli, former Center executive director and winner of the George Polk Award for distinguished journalism. Congressman Delahunt calls this "an excellent resource for those of us who want to reform and revitalize the governance of our oceans."
- The Whale: In Search of the Giants of the Sea by Philip Hoare, winner of the BBC Samuel Johnson Prize for Nonfiction, which Publisher's Weekly called a "tour de force" and "a sensuous biography of the great mammals that range on and under Earth's oceans."
- Five discount tickets per whale watch trip for members named on card and family and guests who accompany them
- A 5-disc Special Edition DVD of the award-winning BBC/Discovery Channel series Blue Planet: Seas of Life, narrated by renowned wildlife filmmaker Sir David Attenborough, “the finest documentary on the world’s oceans that any human being has ever seen” (Newsday)
- Six discount tickets per whale watch trip for members named on card and family and guests who accompany them
- Personal invitation to join the Center's Board of Directors and staff as a guest aboard its Annual Sunset Whale Watch
- Genuine, classic L.L. Bean custom-designed natural canvas tote bag displaying the Center's familiar humpback whale & calf emblem
- Eight discount tickets per whale watch trip for members named on card and family and guests who accompany them
- All Leadership benefits, plus a personal invitation to a private dinner with senior staff and special guests
Note: Premiums apply to new memberships only.