Outreach Booth Coordinator
Full Time/ Seasonal
The Center for Coastal Studies located in Provincetown, MA is looking for an outgoing person to fill our Outreach Booth Coordinator position.
CCS is a non-profit organization involved with eco-system, coastal and marine animal research. We also have an extensive education program; that includes a kiosk on the wharf used for such purposes.
We are looking for an individual who shares our enthusiasm for protecting our local environment and who has previous retail experience. This will be a Full time, seasonal position from May- October. We are looking for a candidate who can start this year in July 2016 for training.
• Oversight and maintenance of the store, exhibit and web store
• Help recruit, manage and train staff and volunteers
• Ordering merchandise and cost analysis pricing
• Advertising for store and store related events
• Inventory control
• Responsible for all financial reporting to business office for store and web store
• Engaging visitors and encouraging memberships
• Strong understanding of the market and good sense of advertising and promotion
• Ability to run and program cash register and other related merchant machinery
• Capability to make improvements to shop and exhibit when need be
• Responsibility of running and maintaining online store and other online accessory programs
• Ability to use basic computer software proficiently, particularly Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills with customers and staff, both verbal and written
• Past retail experience of 2 years or more
• Ability to create and report pertinent financial information to business office
• Responsibility and reliability for the shop, exhibit, web store and any assisting staff
• Strong communication skills with regards to explaining CCS work and promoting donations.
Please submit cover letter, resume and two references by June 27, 2016 to:
Human Resource Manager
115 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657